Sunday 6 September 2015

My Sunday Pamper Routine!

Hi guys!

I hope you're all doing well? This weekend has been the first time in a long while where I've actually not made any plans/left the house. I've taken full advantage of this and spent the majority of the weekend in bed; reading, watching episode after episode of The Walking Dead and eating my body's weight in Mum's home cooked veggie lasagne (I don't even regret it!).

However, Sunday evening always consists of the same thing week in and week out for me - pamper sessions! My pamper routine always gets me ready for the long working week ahead (ugh!) and always makes me feel nice and relaxed.

I thought I'd show you what my Sunday pamper routine consists of and what products I enjoy using!

A few Lush products that I picked up in Norwich last week! I'm loving some of the new stuff!



Firstly, I like to run a bath. I really enjoy bathes but as I'm up so early in the weekday I never get time so opt for a shower instead. However, on Sunday's I have all evening to lounge around so I like to pick a special product (normally something from Lush but sometimes a nice bubble bath will do) and indulge! Last week I picked up some new Lush goodies which I've been really excited to try out.

My holy grail skin care saviour!

Whilst I run my bath I like to quickly cleanse my face. As I've had a make-up free weekend I didn't use my normal Soap & Glory Ultimelt Hot Cloth Cleanser. Instead I chose one of my all time skincare favourites (and an honest to God saviour) Ren's Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial. This product is so simple to use and gives my skin a real radiance boost when I need one! It's cram packed with vitamin C and smells really nice.

What do want? Pearly Whites! When do we want them? Now!

As well as cleansing my skin, I also take the time to brush my teeth whilst my bath is still running. Lately I've been using iWhite's Instant Tooth Whitening Toothpaste. Surprisingly I have actually noticed a difference in my teeth so far. I've also been using Listerine's Advanced White Mouth Wash and Boot's Flossing String.  

Lush's Yoga Bomb (the only form of yoga you'll associate me with)!

Finally it was time to pop my chosen bath product in the tub. I went for Lush's Yoga Bomb which I'd heard lots of great things about. I thought the scent (sandalwood oil and ho wood oil) was quite nice although it wasn't my favourite Lush scent. However, the product ended up being so pretty and changed from orange, to purple to turquoise and left the bath looking so pretty! It was also filled with glitter (which perhaps may be better for a Friday night as opposed to a Sunday evening - oh well!). Like all Lush products, this left my skin feeling really smooth and moisturised. 

''Scrubbing me softly with his song, scrubbing me softly!''

I usually spend about an hour to an hour and a half soaking in the tub. I usually bring a magazine or book in with me to help me relax a little. I also use this time to shave and exfoliate. I'm currently using Zoella's Scrubbing Me Softly Body Scrub which I really like. The consistency is a lot thicker than any other exfoliator I've used in the past but I'm finding it's leaving my skin so much smoother because of this. It smells really sweet and fruity. Also, how cute is the yellow and pink packaging? Props to Zoe for unknowingly picking my two favourite colours! 

Any one else having difficulty working out how 'kukui' is pronounced?

My last 'in bath' step is hair washing and conditioning. I recently picked up some more OGX hair care products. I thought these Kukui Nut Oil products smelt really nice! They're supposed to be hydrating, nourishing and good at taming hair in humid weather. Whilst I probably chose the complete wrong month to start using these products (I'm guessing the UK sun has now buggered off for another year?) I'm going to continue to use them anyway! I like to leave the conditioner in for quite a while on Sunday's so that it gets lots of nourishment for the week ahead.

The satisfaction of seeing a brand new tub of body butter!

After drying up and pulling the plug I like to get some moisture back into my skin. Lately I've been loving No 7's skincare (all thanks to the lovely Emma!) so I popped on some of the Essential Moisture Day Cream. I've also been trying to use my Mavala Double Lash Serum which is supposed to help eyelashes and brows grow longer/thicker. My favourite body moisturiser's will always be The Body Shop's Body Butters. Over the years I've gathered up quite the collection. I opened the Passion Fruit one recently which smells divine!

Hair drying is such a chore!

I then come to my most hated 'beauty regime'. Hair drying!! Unfortunately if I leave my hair to dry naturally it has absolutely 0% volume so letting it dry naturally is not an option, nor is hiring a professional stylist. I'm a big fan of Tresemme products and constantly use their Heat Defence Styling Spray and 24 Hour Body Volumising Mousse. I've also recently been enjoying Aussie's Miracle Hair Insurance which is a leave in conditioner! I blow dry as normal and usually straighten my hair the following day so that it stays in place.

Getting my nails did - sort of!

Lastly, I like to paint my nails for the week ahead. I normally stick to one colour and top it up if needed throughout the week. Once my nails are bare I like to use Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter and The Body Shop's Almond Cuticle Pen to make sure the nails are in good condition. This week I used Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in the colour Sugar Plum and topped that off with Ciate's Snow Globe. 

I then pop on some PJ's and settle down for the rest of the evening (no doubt watching The X Factor or a bit of Netflix). 

Do you have any pamper routine's which you stick to on certain days of the week? If so, let me know!

Thanks for reading!
x

2 comments:

  1. Really curious about the Mavala product, I bought one myself but I'm saving it for my boyfriends aunt (who recently finished chemo) and was debating getting one for myself too. Would be fab to see a review ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been totally useless and keep on forgetting to use it as often as I should. I've been trying the past few weeks to get as much use out of it as possible so that I notice some results! Hope Joey's aunt likes it x

      Delete

Have your say!